Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Heart, Determination, and Accepting That Everything Has a Purpose

So, I was browsing around Reddit as I do regularly, and came across this comment (listed under /r/bestof) and got to thinking about my own past...

First off, here's the post: http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/rr0bl/im_not_really_sure_if_i_should_ask_this_question/c47zg09

Reading through it, it reminded me of what I've been through over the past 5 years alone... Admittedly, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as mushpuppy had it, but being homeless for, fortunately, only a year, it gets REALLY hard to have a positive outlook on life...

Going back a bit to my own life, in 2001, only days before 9/11, I lost my grandfather to cancer. He was really the only one who saw the potential I had in life when nobody else in my family saw even a hint in it, and always encouraged me to smile through the bullshit and never forget my heart. Sadly, it took until my uncle, the only other family member that really cared about me similarly to the way my grandfather did, passed away to truly see what my grandfather and uncle were always pushing me to do. Why did it take so long? I let myself get caught up in my family's crap...

Just a little side story/rant I need to explain real quick on what happened with the event of my uncle's passing to make it so drastic that it made that much of an effect on me.

It was early July, I had returned to school from a short summer break (I was living on campus of a post-HS school in Pittsburgh, PA) and got a call 3 hours after returning from my dad. He informed me that my uncle had passed 2 weeks ago (yes, legit, 2 weeks later...) and didn't want to tell me until after I had returned from Maryland on my 4 week break so I can get settled in and shit... After 2 hours of snapping all shit for him lying to my entire family, telling them he already told me and that I had requested that nobody else mention it for a while just so he can tell me himself the way he saw fit... Hell, he called me ON HIS WAY BACK FROM THE FUNERAL...

But I digress.... (sorry, i had to let it out...)

Anywho, at this point I had finally realized that it was time to do things on my own, after several hours of sitting in the dark, thinking about how many other bullshit stories and lies I was told over the years, and came to the conclusion that I've been raised based on lies, and I never had any need to follow my own heart until now. Almost ironically, only a few months later, I met who is now my fiance', and we decided to live together roughly 7-8 months later.

As if the constant reminder of my grandfather and uncle's passing, both my fiance' and I lost yet another family member, and everything freefalled from there.

Just over the past few months in itself, we both have gone through major financial issues, living with an old friend who turned out to just use us the whole time, and now we live in an apartment that my own family put money towards to get us started. The best part? They flat out lied about multiple things about the apartment that now puts us in an even deeper financial rutt...

Backtracking to me being homeless, and I won't bore you with the details on why unless anyone wants to hear it, let me know and I will make this little paragraph an edit instead.

During the year I was homeless in 2009, I had almost given up all hope on anything shaping up. Keep in mind as well, that at this point I just turned 19 and got kicked out only 10 days AFTER my 19th birthday... I eventually met someone who really showed me that, despite the full amount of bullshit, life always had a meaning, and to never give up fighting no matter what happens. (and this was coming from a guy with multiple injuries and mental conditions, and also gladly called himself a walking pharmacy at the time and has fully accepted his borderline insanity, basically...)

Some of you may actually know this guy too lol...

Long story short, with my own little back story, and MushPuppy's as well, always remember to follow your heart and find your passion. Never let go, Never give up, Never surrender.

The moment you lose hope, is the moment you lose sanity... Always remember that someone, somewhere will always have it better, no matter what situation you're in, but also that someone, somewhere, will always have it MUCH worse too... If you keep with what you're passionate about, and always follow your heart, no wall is too much to climb... Everything happens for a reason, there's no doubt about that, but never forget it. The reasons may not be obvious all the time, but they will be before you know it...

Think of it this way... Imagine of the total douche of a boss you have had died YEARS before you met him. How different would your ENTIRE life be AFTER the moment you met him?

Once you realize that things will always get better at one way or another, you will then realize that life is never worth giving up, and everything is worth fighting for.



~In Loving Memory~
Wilbur Shaw sr. - R.I.P. 2001
Butch Trantham jr. - R.I.P.  2010
Walter Weihrauch - R.I.P. 2011
~Never Forgotten~

No comments:

Post a Comment